A wedding planner can help you put together a well-organized event. If you are a very detail oriented and organized person then you can probably handle all the tasks that go along with planning an event as large as a wedding. But even if you believe that you can handle this huge undertaking, you may still want to enlist the help of a planner. Your planner will probably offer a variety of different services.
Wedding Day Coordination
You may have decided that you want to plan all of the details of your wedding and go through all of the footwork of finding vendors.
But then decide that you want someone else to execute all of the plans that you have put together and take care of everything for the day of your wedding.
Obtaining the services of a planner just for your wedding day would include:
- Consultations with the planner in the form of: meetings, phone calls, emails
- Direction during the rehearsal
- Preparation of the itinerary for the day
- Direction during the ceremony and reception
- Taking care of all wedding day details
- Tending to the bride
- Trouble shooting problems so that they do not become the concern of the couple
Full Planning Services
You might have dozens of ideas in your head for what you’ll want for your wedding. Using the full planning services of a planner allows you to get the dream wedding that you have always envisioned without having to do all of the hard work. Full planning and coordination would include:
- Ceremony and Reception venue selection
- Researching vendors
- Keeping the event within your budget
- Negotiation of contracts
- Scheduling appointments
- Wedding Day Coordination included
Coordination and Event Design
This includes full planning services as well as event design. If you want to convey your ideas to someone and then have them plan and implement every single detail then this may be the option for you. Along with complete coordination and planning of your wedding and reception you’ll also get their design expertise. They may have relationships with vendors that along with their insight would provide:
- Floral Design
- Lighting Effects
- Fabric Draping
- Chair Covers
- Table Design
as well as other decor elements.
Even if you are planning a wedding on a budget, you may still be able to afford a wedding planner. Some planners:
- Have flat rate packages. They charge a specific amount depending on the package you decide upon.
- Give A la Carte’ options. You may not want an entire package and only want specific services within a package. They would charge for only those individual services.
- Charge a percentage of the budget. Your planner may charge you 10%, 15%, or 20% of the total cost of your event.
Also keep in mind that you may have limited or unlimited consultation (by email, phone, or in person) with your planner depending on the packages or services that you choose.
Becoming a Wedding Planner
There are several people who have decided to pursue a career in wedding planning because they are very organized and detail oriented.
If you are looking to become your own boss and love to help people then wedding planning could be the perfect career for you.
You can get certification and full training to become a planner through the Association of Certified Professional Wedding Consultants.
There are so many ways that you can utilize wedding planners. Think about exactly what you need to get done and decide if a wedding planner can help make your wedding planning easier.